The Practice operates Thursdays, Fridays and alternate Mondays only.
There is currently a wait time of approximately 3 – 4 weeks; cancellations occur so appointments may be accessed earlier.
Appointments generally require a referral from either a GP or a specialist.
If you are accessing a Medicare Scheme (E.g. mental health care or chronic disease management Medicare scheme), you will need to bring a referral from your GP with you (see below).
Only a GP or Psychiatrist can make a Medicare mental health care referral.
Helen sees adults only, generally from the age of 18 years.
Sessions are 1 ½ hours long and an initial assessment may take up to 2 hours.
Enquiries or appointments can be made by phoning (07) 3369 4403 Mobile 0407 694 354, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees for private clients are $170.00 for a 1.5 hr session, unless otherwise negotiated. All sessions are 1.5 hrs. This is payable at the end of each session.
If you have a health care card, we may negotiate a lesser fee.
If you need to cancel your appointment please provide 48 hours notice so there is time to fill your appointment slot with another person on the waiting list. As you can appreciate, late cancellations mean Helen is unable to organise to see another client in that timeslot.
A fee of $50 may be applicable for those whom fail to attend or who cancel with less than 24 hours notice.
The practice has HiCaps and can manage both payment for service and applicable Medicare rebate on site.
Please consider accessing the service through Medicare, War Veterans schemes etc. (see below) in which case there may only be a gap to pay.
As part of Helen’s work with you, she is legally required to explain how personal health information about you is recorded and managed in this practise.
Information is called “personal health information” if it concerns your health, medical history or past or future medical care and if someone reading it would be able to identify you.
This practice follows National Privacy Principles; following this code means that your personal health information is kept private and secure.
In all but exceptional circumstances, personal information that identifies you will be sent to other people only with your written consent. Gaining your consent is the guiding principle.
Of course, your good care often involves communicating information with your GP, medical specialists or other treating practitioners. If you have been referred by an organisation such as Work Cover, CRS Australia, CTP insurer etc. there are expectations that reports and other communication is necessary.
Please discuss with me when you have specific concerns about disclosure of information in these circumstances, so that I am able to actively respect your concerns.
I will not disclose your personal health information to a third party unless:
- you have consented to the disclosure; or
- This disclosure is necessary because you are at risk of harm without treatment and you are unable to give consent – (e.g. you might be unconscious after an accident); or
- Not disclosing the information would place you or another person at serious & imminent risk; or
- I am legally obliged to disclose the information (e.g. a subpoena or court order); or
- The information is necessary to obtain health insurance rebates. (e.g. As a condition of a client accessing Medicare funded services, I am required by Medicare to provide a report to your referring doctor); or
- This disclosure is necessary for me in the practice to review my practice for the purpose of improving the quality of care provided and the activity has been approved under Commonwealth or State legislation. For example, I might discuss the therapy encounter within a supervision session.
In any of the above cases only information which is necessary to achieve the objective will be provided.
Medicare Schemes, Private Health and rebates:
Helen is registered to provide services through:
- Medicare Better Access to Mental Health Care – Focussed Psychological Strategies – allied mental health services – Occupational Therapy.
Helen is an accredited provider to Medicare for Mental Health Services & Occupational Therapy Services with a referral from your GP.
- Medicare Chronic Disease Management Scheme health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/mbsprimarycare-chronicdiseasemanagement
- WorkCover Queensland
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Occupational Therapy services may be claimed from most Private Health Funds with extras cover.